California Lighting Sales
Case Study: Digital Strategy, Web Design and Development, and Inbound Marketing
California Lighting Sales represents commercial lighting and controls manufacturers. Founded in 1967, they provide lighting expertise and customer service for the architecture and design industry through out Southern California including Los Angeles, San Diego, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties. Like many of our clients, California Lighting Sales was referred to Bynder Group from another satisfied customer.
The primary goal of the initial engagement was to create an effective strategy for marketing the firm to reinforce industry leadership, increase confidence with their manufacturer partners, and support sales efforts with a lead generation and nurturing program. This included designing a new website and developing an inbound marketing plan.
- Custom website design and development
- Upgrade from generic template and hosted platform
- Integration with manufacturer database
- Inbound marketing and content development
- Creation of new blog
- Product promotions
- Email marketing
- Social media
- Social media channel development and support
- Hubspot on-boarding and CRM optimization
With this initiative, California Lighting Sales began a new era of strategic approach to marketing to build brand value and equity. Bynder Group worked with the firm’s owners and key stake holders to establish processes and methods for integrating marketing tactics with their already established sales efforts. Our team also provided support for the introduction and adoption of Hubspot as a new CRM.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Digital Marketing Expertise
“Rob… understands how to make an impact with our customers and manufacturers. I wish we could have connected with Rob earlier, he adds another powerful dimension to our company!”
–Marcus C. – Principal, California Lighting Sales
Website Sessions (YOY)
Email Opens (YOY)
from Website (first year)
Our team analyzed business needs, determined priorities, established goals, and recommended solutions for our new client. During the initial phase of strategy, planning and design, our team provided the following services and deliverables:
- Compared and analyzed CRM/automated marketing tools, determining Hubspot as the best platform.
- Designed and built a custom them in WordPress for content management
- Established integration of third-party database provider for line card presenting all manufactures
- Determined best approach to marketing tactics based on sales and strategic initiatives
- Created a regular work-flow for marketing tasks to promote website traffic and build awareness
- Created a system of engagement points throughout out the user experience to best serve the needs of all visitors at various stages of the sales funnel
- Build a state-of-the-art, high-performing website to best position CLS as an industry leader
- Created a content strategy including the development of regular blog articles, product promotions and company news
- Collected, “scrubbed”, and uploaded more than 6500 contacts into the CRM
- Developed KPIs and a baseline for measuring success
- Built and optimized company pages on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Google Business.