Branding and Marketing Case Study: UMC
Irrigating the World’s Crops Takes Meticulous Brand Cultivation
UMC products are used in 95% of all center pivot irrigation systems for industrial agriculture in over 90 countries. UMC designs, develops, manufactures, and distributes center pivot drivetrains and related components and is considered the leader for industry best practices by delivering top-quality products and innovative solutions that ultimately help feed the world. In business since 1978, and based in Costa Mesa, California, UMC has operations in the United States, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and France.
Bynder Group, partnering closely with Quantum Global Partners, helped build a new brand foundation for this venerable firm with more competitive positioning, a contemporary new look, and expertly designed marketing materials to support the initiative.
Helping this prominent, family-owned company with branding and marketing started with a diligent strategy and was followed by comprehensive program including all new collateral.
- Logo and brandmark guidelines
- Marketing campaign concepts
- Website and online marketing materials, including copywriting, responsive design, development, and search engine optimization
- Original photography for entire product line and marketing concepts
- Brochure and printed catalog design
- Dealer showroom and trade show displays
- Print and online advertising design
The result has been outstanding and UMC is more competitive than ever. Establishing a more deliberate position and reinforcing greater authenticity has gone a long way in helping UMC retain control of it’s brand, raise awareness, reinforce innovative leadership, and establish remarkable differentiation in the farming and agriculture industry.